Product Features & Guidelines
- These are all special order. Special order brackets are custom-built to each kitchen, and cannot be returned. Allow 3-5 business days for production.
- Perfect for kitchen islands or peninsulas with overhangs on more than one side
- Safe and durable, with 1/2” thick steel
Information needed for special order:
- Length of both overhangs (amount of countertop that extends beyond the cabinet wall)
- Direction overhang extends off the cabinet (determined when standing in front of the cabinets, usually on the kitchen side, where you would open the drawers/ doors.)
- Cabinet dimensions
- Whether or not cabinet has a frame 7
GENERAL INFO & REMINDERS
- Stone Interiors follows the guidelines for safe countertop support established by the Natural Stone Institute.
- Any overhang over 10” requires support. Any top has to be at least 2/3rds supported. (Typically all raised bars on knee walls require support.)
- Ideally, when support is needed, there are always brackets near the edge of the countertops. Supports should typically be no more than 30” to 36” apart.
- The goal during a sales appointment is to estimate the number of supports needed and include the cost in the customer’s quote. Take pictures, and if there are any questions, we can discuss the ideal support solution after your appointment.
- All brackets now have the same cost (charge the Island Support System as 3 brackets).
- Note the cabinet structure. Are there two cabinets back to back that form the island? Is there a cabinet with an adjoining knee wall? Look at door and drawer heights on cabinets (amount of clearance between the top of the cabinet and the doors/drawers). If it appears close, get a measurement so we can ensure that our supports will not interfere.
• Corbels (shown at right) are often decorative only, and do not offer any support. Most corbels require additional